Thursday, March 3, 2016

Why Blended Learning?

My name is Shelby Scoffield and I am an English teacher at Mountain House High School in Mountain House California. When I was being interviewed, my principal kept talking about "new and innovative ways" of teaching. I remember nodding my head and agreeing with everything he said. I had no clue what Blended Learning was, but I was thrilled at the opportunity to try new things.

A year and a half later I absolutely love teaching high school English. I am not a typical teacher and that fact alone keeps me going. It is exciting to wake up in the morning and go to school not knowing if the cool project is going to work or if the new app is going to be user friendly for the students. Working in a Blended Learning environment allows me freedom and creativity. It truly helps me help students be successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment